Application Form to be returned to Student Services
On this course you will cover brickwork, health and safety, storing resources & materials, construction information, quantities, reading drawings and thin joint masonry. It consists of a mixture of practical work and theory.
- C&G 201 Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- C&G 202 Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- C&G 203 Producing Thin Joint Masonry and Masonry Cladding
- C&G 204 Building Solid Walling, Isolated and Attached Piers
- C&G 205 Interpreting Working Drawings to Set Out Masonry Structures
- C&G 206 Construct Cavity Walling Forming Masonry Structures
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Relevant level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above and successful completion of a skills test.
Satisfactory interview, school report and / or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Steel toecap safety boots, basic calculator, builders scale rule and drawing equipment.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (or grade 4 and above).
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Successful completion of this course may mean you can progress to NVQ level 2 Brickwork (if you gain an apprenticeship) or the Level 3 Diploma in Brickwork.
Explore potential careers via
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1200.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:00 — 14:00 Wirral Waters Thursday 12:30 — 16:30 Wirral Waters Friday 09:00 — 14:30 Wirral Waters
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 17th June, 2018 and may be subject to change.