Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are looking to train as a fully qualified electrician installing in commercial, industrial and domestic locations, the City & Guilds 2365 course could be for you. This is now the default qualification for the traditional route to becoming an electrician. Please note on completion of the course you will hold the status of Electrician's Mate.
The course covers the following subjects:-
- Commercial - such as supermarkets, offices, warehouses, schools, shops, restaurants, hospitals.
- Industrial - such as research/development parks, heavy manufacturing, buildings, factories.
- Domestic - such as houses, flats, bungalows, renewable, solar PV.
- Agricultural - farms.
- Maintenance services, local authorities.
- Media - Electricians required for the day to day running operations in television, radio.
- Sporting venues - theatres, concert halls, stadium events.
This is a study programme for students who are 16-18 years.
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) (2365-02) or equivalent and Grade 4/C or equivalent in maths.
Satisfactory interview, school report and / or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office use only. Non Standard 6.
Students will be required to provide their own safety boots and drawing equipment.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Employment or apprenticeship at level 3.
When does this course run?
Starts 07th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2630.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:00 — 16:30 Wirral Waters Tuesday 09:00 — 15:30 Wirral Waters Wednesday 09:00 — 13:00 Wirral Waters
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 16th July, 2018 and may be subject to change.