Application Form to be returned to Student Services
A follow-on course from C & G 7579-02 2D Computer Aided Design Level 2. This course would also be useful if you wish to update your CAD skills from older versions of AutoCAD or convert your skills from other CAD software.
The course focuses on the essential elements of Computer Aided Draughting and Design using AutoCAD software:
- Using snap and grid to enter drawing details
- Using co-ordinate systems to enter drawing details
- Editing drawing using command such as copy, mirror, scale
- Detailing drawing with dimensions and text
- Producing hard copy outputs (printing and plotting)
- Produce and edit blocks for insertion in to drawings
- Line type style
- Changing UCS
- Paper space/model space
- Advanced editing commands
- Produce isometric drawings
- Produce objects using 3D commands (not part of the syllabus but useful to know)
- C&G 4353-01 or 7579-02 2D Computer Aided Design Level 2.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at level 2 in English and maths.
- In some cases, applicants may be considered on their individual skills and experience.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
When does this course run?
Starts 19th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £600.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Wednesday 18:00 — 20:00 12 Quays
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 17th June, 2018 and may be subject to change.