Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course will further develop your bricklaying skills allowing you to build structural and decorative work. It also includes health and safety, communication, quantities and repairing structures.
This course covers a range of advanced skills which are required in the construction industry, including estimating and planning site activities. Units include:
- C&G 301 Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
- C&G 302 Repair and maintain masonry structures
- C&G 303 Constructing radial and battered brickwork
- C&G 304 Carrying out decorative and reinforced brickwork
- C&G 305 Constructing fireplaces and chimneys
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Level 2 Diploma in a relevant curriculum area qualification or minimum 4 GCSEs at Grade A*- C (grade 4 or above)and successful completion of a skills test.
Satisfactory interview, school report and/or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Steel toecap safety boots, basic calculator, builders scale rule and drawing equipment.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (or grade 4 and above).
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
When does this course run?
Starts 07th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2630.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 24th May, 2018 and may be subject to change.