Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification is intended for students who would like to prepare for a career in the electrical industry, providing an entry point and aiding progression to level 2 courses then to level 3 courses.
You will study the following units:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Relevant Entry Level qualification or 3 GCSEs including 2 GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above and maths at Grade 3/D.
Satisfactory interview, school report and/or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Students will be required to purchase their own safety boots and drawing equipment.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £875.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Wednesday 09:00 — 17:00 Wirral Waters Thursday 10:00 — 17:00 Wirral Waters Friday 13:00 — 16:00 Wirral Waters
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 23rd June, 2018 and may be subject to change.