Vehicle & Parts Salespersons & Advisers
Vehicle and parts salespersons and advisers sell new and used vehicles to the general public, and vehicle accessories and parts to garages, vehicle dealerships and the general public.
- Discusses customer’s requirements, advises on most appropriate vehicle, explains its features and arranges test drive
- Negotiates sale price including any ‘trade-in’ and extra accessories, works out finance arrangements and completes sales paperwork
- Carries out pre-delivery inspection and formal hand-over of vehicle to customer
- Updates stock record, orders new vehicles from manufacturer, buys in used cars
- Receives orders for parts by phone, email or in person and checks availability on stock record
- Obtains parts from store or orders from suppliers
- Organises delivery of parts and handles payment
- Orders new supplies, arranges storage and updates stock records.
There are no formal academic requirements for entry but some employers may ask for GCSEs and/or some previous relevant work experience. Apprenticeships may be available in some areas. Vehicle salespersons generally require a full, clean driving licence.