This apprenticeship is suitable for those who are in an Advertising Account Executive, Marketing Assistant; Marketing Co-ordinator; Marketing Officer, Marketing Manager, Market Research Executive, PR Officer role. Some of the duties in these roles may include handling a wide range of marketing activities for client's campaigns including direct mail, email, exhibitions, press advertising and market research and developing & sustaining good client relationships. Supporting the organisation through leading on a range of marketing tasks, including monitoring and assessing market trends, studying competitors' products and services, exploring ways of improving existing products and services, identifying target markets and communicating with them. Using different media and communications to communicate developed messages, writing promotional material and press releases, producing brochures, leaflets and videos, organising press briefings and news conferences and setting up exhibitions and conferences.
The apprenticeship framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Marketing
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Marketing
- Level 2 Functional Skill English
- Level 2 Functional Skill maths
- Level 2 Functional Skill ICT
The mandatory units on the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Marketing are: Mandatory Group
- Analyse competitor activity
- Contribute to the development of a marketing plan
- Evaluate and improve own performance in a business environment
- Work with other people in a business environment
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. There are no specific entry requirements for this apprenticeship. However, a good standard of English and maths and prior experience in a marketing role would be advantageous.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Where can I progress to?
- Higher Apprenticeship in Business & Professional Administration
- Higher Apprenticeship in Leadership & Management
- Higher Apprenticeship in Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Further or Higher Education to undertake marketing related or other qualifications, including Foundation degrees
- A range of marketing management undergraduate programmes
- A range of marketing professional qualifications at level 4 and above
Explore potential careers via Career Coach — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 29th Jul 2020
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 19th June, 2018 and may be subject to change.