This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment in a marketing capacity, to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
This apprenticeship will help to develop skills to allow apprentices to understand what social media is, how to utilise it in a business environment and incorporate it into their job role. Job roles may include Social Media Assistant, Social Media Consultant and Social Media Analyst; with responsibilities such as managing and monitoring online communities, working with businesses to promote, utilise and increase presence through social media, copy writing and media placement, development of social media strategy and seeking out new and relevant content, formulating the content calendar and identify key bloggers and influencers.
- Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business - Unit may include: principles of social media, principles of keywords and optimization, social networking management, using collaborative technologies, using digital and social media in marketing, creating and optimizing content for the web, web fundamentals, principles of social media advertising and promotion
- Functional Skill in Mathematics at Level 2
- Functional Skill in English at Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT at Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Candidates who already have a qualification at Level 4 or higher are not eligible. Applicants will have some knowledge of website construction and an awareness of CSS, HTML, XML and netiquette. A minimum Grade D in English and Maths and C in ICT is necessary for this Level 3 apprenticeship.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
For further information and current vacancies visit www.apprenticeships.org.uk
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Sep 2019 - Ends 28th Jul 2021
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 18th January, 2019 and may be subject to change.