This Apprenticeship is suitable for those who are in an Event Management Assistant, Junior Marketing Executive, Market Researcher role. Some of the duties in these roles may include day-to-day liaison with sponsorship clients, supporting the organisation of events, preparing event speakers, helping to source suppliers and the on-the-day support of a wide range of event activities, developing working relationships with stakeholders, communicating with the target audience, producing marketing materials, writing marketing copy, supporting designers, helping organise events and conducting market research.
The Apprenticeship framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Marketing
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Marketing
- Level 1 Functional Skill English
- Level 1 Functional Skill maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT
The mandatory units on the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Marketing are:
- Collect and organize market research data
- Contribute to measuring the marketing response
- Work with other people in a business environment
- Improve own performance in a business environment
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. There are no specific entry requirements for this Apprenticeship; however a good standard of English and maths would be advantageous.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Where can I progress to?
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Marketing
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships such as Sales & Telesales or Management
- Further Education to undertake marketing, social research or other qualifications
Explore potential careers via Career Coach — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 29th Jul 2020
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 19th June, 2018 and may be subject to change.