Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
BTECs are vocationally related qualifications, where learners develop knowledge and understanding by applying their learning and skills in a work-related context. Your course will include core, mandatory and specialist units where you will learn about media sectors and audiences and get the chance to plan, shoot and edit several practical media production projects.
Students learn by completing a range of projects based on real working scenarios found within the creative media industries and will use a range of lens-based and audio equipment to complete work to a high technical standard. Students will also use a range of software to support their creative practice. Core units
- Priority will be given to 16-18 year olds.
- Level 1 qualification plus ability to demonstrate working at Level 1 English and maths or 3 GCSEs or more at Grade 3/D.
- Satisfactory interview to assess motivation, previous media-related projects if applicable, communication skills and career planning.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
SD card for digital video camera, pen drive and sign up to cloud storage
Students are assessed through projects, assignments and 2 60-min paper-based tests.
Are you aged 16-18? Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
On successfully completing this course you may progress to Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma courses in Creative Media Production and Technology.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
When does this course run?
Starts 04th Sep 2018 - Ends 27th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1700.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Tuesday 09:00 — 15:30 12 Quays Wednesday 09:00 — 15:30 12 Quays Thursday 09:00 — 14:00 12 Quays
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st July, 2018 and may be subject to change.