Closing date: 10th July 2022
RISEANDGRINDWALLASEY LIMITED (Trading As 'Rise & Grind')
57 Mill Lane,
Brief overview of the role:
Apprentice Chef required to learn the new breakfast, brunch and lunch menu. You will work alongside others, eventually learning a new tapas evening menu.
Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Duties to include:
- Keep the kitchen clean and tidy
- Learn new food cooking techniques
- Adhering to food hygiene standards
- Take direction from chefs and management
- Become a team member and work well with others
Training to be provided:
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard, including:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Food Safety
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in English (if required)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in Maths (if required)
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
A minimum of 20% off the job training is required in the form of practical and theory day release at college, e-learning, job shadowing and practical skills development in the workplace. A Trainer Assessor allocated by the training provider/college will aim to review your progress, alongside your line manager or employer, every 8 weeks.
Evening hours will be Wednesday - Saturday, 05:00 PM - 09:00 PM.
Daytime hours will be Monday - Saturday, 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM/04:00 PM.
Sunday service will be 12:00 PM - 06:00 PM.
Total hours per week: 30.00
- General good hygiene required and basic cooking skills
- Experience preferred but not essential
Desired personal qualities:
- Must be outgoing, punctual and reliable
- Able to adjust to menu changes and work well under pressure
- None required
Vacancy reference number:
To apply for this post and register for free with the Find an Apprenticeship Service, please click here.