Closing date: 24th February 2019
SGS UK Ltd
Rossmore Business Park
As a Finance Apprentice you will be responsible for supporting the Business Controller with the liaison across the business to ensure that all queries are resolved effectively and efficiently, and payments are made in accordance with procedure. You will notify the Business Controller of any major problems/issues in a timely manner.
You will scan any paper invoices and expenses received to enable processing and ensure that all expense claims are submitted with the required documentation to enable them to be processed in a timely manner. You will also assist with reconciliation of Visa statements and Petty Cash.
You will assist with the administration work for systems, ensuring that all filing is kept up to date, to enable records to easily be retrieved as and when required. You’ll have a good working relationship with the Finance Team and with Operational Colleagues to provide a high-quality service.
- Good written English.
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to both internal and external customers.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Maths and English GCSE to grade C, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of using an Oracle accounting system, Excel Spreadsheets and Word
- Educated to A-Level standard.
- GCSE’s A*-C (or equivalent) in maths and English
- A Level qualified
- English language – fluent in spoken & written
Training to be provided:
Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF)
Level 1 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if required)
Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Working hours: 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Annual wage: £12,000
To apply for this position and register for free with the National Apprenticeship Service please click here