Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This study programme is designed to give you the skills you need to either progress to higher education or into employment. It will cover retail travel, visitor attractions, accommodation, transportation and tour operations.
Areas of study Year 1
- Investigating Travel and Tourism
- The UK as a Destination
- The European Destinations
- The Business of Travel and Tourism
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Preparing for Employment in the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Specialist Tourism
- Passenger Transportation
- Long Haul Travel Destinations
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Responsible Tourism
- UK Visitor Attractions
- Hospitality Operations in Travel and Tourism
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products
- Business Travel Operations
- Tourism in Rural Area
- Tour Operations
- Working as a Children's Representative
- Events, Conferences and Exhibitions
- Residential Study Visit in Travel and Tourism
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above (including English Language and Mathematics) or a full Level 2 Qualification (Merit or Distinction) and GCSEs Grade 4/C or above English and Mathematics
- Satisfactory interview to assess motivation, previous experience if applicable, communication skills, career planning
- Satisfactory school report/reference
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
This is an assignment based course with elements of practical assessment throughout.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths (Grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
At the end of the course, you could progress to higher education or employment. For opportunities to continue studying Travel at Wirral Met, BTEC Higher National Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management.
Explore potential careers via Career Coach — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2017 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £6000.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Monday 09:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Tuesday 09:00 — 15:30 Conway Park Wednesday 09:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Thursday 10:00 — 12:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 17th March, 2018 and may be subject to change.