This course is designed to give you the skills needed to progress to higher education or into employment. It will cover aspects of business including marketing, communication, teamwork and business event planning.
- Exploring business activity
- Investigating business resources
- Introduction to marketing
- Effective people communications
- Investigating recruitment and selection
- Career development and planning
- Exploring team development
- Digital graphics and computers
- Understanding retailing
- Starting a small business
- Planning and managing a business event
- Exploring creative product promotion
- Aged 16-18 years old
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including English and maths or successful completion of a full level 2 qualification (Merit preferred)
- Satisfactory interview to assess motivation, previous experience if applicable, communication skills, career planning, IT skills
- Satisfactory reference and or school report
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Assessment will be by external examiners and by building a portfolio of evidence.
You will have the opportunity to undertake educational visits and work experience which may be abroad. For more information on BTEC qualifications see Edexcel. For higher education information see UCAS
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 20th October, 2017 and may be subject to change.