The Process Manufacturing Industries produce many of life's necessities including soap and toiletries. This Apprenticeship is designed for Apprentices in these industries who will operate and monitor basic plant and equipment, including pumps, valves, temperature gauges, filtration equipment, tanks and vessels.
You will be required to achieve the following qualifications: Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Processing Industries Operations Level 3 Diploma in Process Technology English Functional Skill Level 2 Maths Functional Skill Level 2 ICT Functional Skill Level 2 Employee Rights and Responsibilities Personal Learning and Thinking Skills Mandatory Units: Respond to Incidents, Hazardous Conditions and Emergencies Within Processing Industries Environments How to Respond to Incidents, Hazardous Conditions and Emergencies Within Processing Industries Environments Handover Within Processing Industries Environments How to Handover Within Processing Industries Environments Work Effectively in a Team Within Processing Industries Environments How to Work Effectively in a Team Within Processing Industries Environments Identify and Deal with Hazards in the Work Environment Within Processing Industries Environments How to Identify and Deal with Hazards in the Work Environment Within Processing Industries Environments
This course is delivered by our Science department and focuses on process operations in the Science Industry. The Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Process Manufacturing is open to all people aged 16 or over. Due to the competition for places the following skills and attributes relevant to working within the process manufacturing industries may be considered as part of the application process;
- motivation to succeed within industry
- an awareness of the demands of the Apprenticeship
- willingness to comply with employer/training provider terms and conditions of employment
- have the ability to apply learning in the workplace
- willingness to work with due regard to Health and Safety of self and others
- effective communication with a range of people.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Following completion of this Advanced Level Apprenticeship there are several options open to the successful candidate who wishes to continue their development in order to progress their career. There are opportunities to continue to undertake further vocational training or academic qualifications. These may include (but are not exclusive to) the following:
- Foundation Degree in Process & Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- Higher National Certificate/ Diploma in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering or Advanced Diploma in Manufacturing and Product Design
- Developing a career in coaching through Assessor and Verifier Awards
- Qualifications in a related area, including (but not limited to) Health & Safety, Training & Development, Business Improvement Techniques and Supervisory Management
- Membership of a professional institution at Engineering Technician level (Further information available at www.engineeringuk.com)
- Cogent Gold Standard qualifications contained within the Gold Standard frameworks
Explore potential careers via Career Coach — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2018 - Ends 29th Jul 2020
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 27th April, 2018 and may be subject to change.