Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The culinary skills diploma is for anyone who wants to work as a chef or manager in the Hospitality & Catering industry. It is ideal for learners coming straight from school who wish to seek a career in this exciting industry.
This course will provide you with an excellent understanding of the Hospitality Industry and provide you with the skills employers are looking for.
You will be studying a range of units, and some of these will include:
- Practical assessments (kitchen)
- A range of advanced cooking methods
- Practical skills for restaurant, bar and speciality coffee making
- Menu design and costings
- Work experience and employability
- Health & Safety in Catering and Hospitality
- Healthier Food and Special Diets
- Preparing and Cooking a range of products including stocks, soups, sauces, vegetables, meat, offal, poultry, fish and shellfish, desserts and puddings, biscuits, cakes and sponge products etc.
- Successful completion of a level 1 vocational programme or a minimum of 3 GCSE's at Grade 3/D or above.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
- Full uniform for both the training kitchen and training restaurant
- Knife kit
- Timed Practical Tests
- Portfolio Building
- Short Answer Assessments
Excellent attendance and punctuality is expected. This is an ideal programme for students who have achieved a Level 1 Catering Qualification and are looking for the next step into the Hospitality & Catering Industry.
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- A variety of jobs within the Hospitality & Catering industry including Chef,Waiter, Waitress, Receptionist, Barista, Customer Service/Events assistant.
Explore potential careers via Career Coach — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £875.00
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Tuesday 09:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Wednesday 14:00 — 15:00 Conway Park Thursday 15:00 — 22:00 Conway Park
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 23rd March, 2018 and may be subject to change.