Level 3, Part Time
This apprenticeship is for installation technicians.
Knowledge and skills areas that will be covered include:
- Principles, practices and legisation for termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords
- Installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings and structures
- Inspections, testing, commissioning and certification
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Design, building, installation and maintenance
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Level 2 English and maths Individual employers may identify other relevant entry requirements.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Apprentices will complete a Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification, online questions, assignments, practical assessment and AM2 test and if not already achieved English and Maths at Level 2. A portfolio of on site evidence is also required.
On achievement of this apprenticeship the apprnetie can apply to be recognised y the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) against the Engineering Council's UK spec as an Engineering Tecnician.
When does this course run?
- Starts 01st Aug 2017 - Ends 31st Aug 2019 Ref R255J001
- Starts 01st Aug 2017 - Ends 31st Aug 2019 Ref R255J002
- Starts 01st Sep 2018 - Ends 29th Aug 2020 Ref R255K001
Starts 01st Sep 2018 - Ends 29th Aug 2020
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st February, 2018 and may be subject to change.