Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is intended for those who wish to progress into a career within construction management or a technical role (eg Quantity Surveyor, Site Engineer e.t.c). The course provides an introduction to construction technology, environmental science, structural mechanics and design principles.
This course will enable you to study a wide range of skills, all of which will help you on your chosen career pathway, moving into employment or further training. You will get the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification linked to your chosen career.
Level 3 Units:
- Unit 1 Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Unit 2 Sustainable Construction
- Unit 3 Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Unit 4 Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Unit 5 Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Unit 6 Building Technology in Construction
- Unit 14 Structural Mechanics in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Unit 18 Computer Aided Drafting and Design for Construction
- Unit 54 Information and Communication Technology for Construction and the Built Environment
Examples of Optional Units include:
Pass or above at Level 2 Diploma in a relevant qualification or minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade A*- C (9-4). Satisfactory interview, school report and / or reference. If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Drawing equipment, calculator, pens and pencils.
Assessment is assignment based.
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2018 - Ends 26th Jun 2020
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £6300.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 24th April, 2018 and may be subject to change.