This course has been designed to help you to develop knowledge, understanding and skills in general Digital Industry subjects. This is a broad based qualification that provides you with the opportunity to progress towards further academic study or employment.
This programme consists of a range of units studied over one year. The units you will study will be from the following:
- Information Technology Systems
- Create and Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business Plus 1 optional unit which you tutor will confirm, for example:
- Data Modelling
- Website Development
- Mobile Apps Development
- Computer Games Development
A relevant level 2 qualification or 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above. (Including English Language and maths). Satisfactory, interview, assessment and school report or reference. If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will apply your learning and be assessed through practical assessments in the form of internally assessed assignments and externally assessed tasks and written exams.
The ability to communicate with others and work as part of a team
Commitment and dedication (including a commitment to 100% attendance and punctuality)
Before being accepted on the programme, you will undertake practical and knowledge based assessments alongside a formal interview.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (or Grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 18th October, 2017 and may be subject to change.