Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course will provide you with the opportunity to develop basic knowledge and skills in caring for children.
- This programme will enable you to study a wide range of skills, all of which will help you on your chosen career pathway, moving into employment or further training. You will get the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised vocational qualification linked to your chosen career. Also, this programme will help you to improve your maths, English and ICT, plus develop the personal and social skills which employers look for. You will be given support and guidance throughout your learning journey and your progress will be reviewed with you regularly. This qualification aims to give learners the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge needed for caring for children. The units will introduce learners to the main aspects of caring for children.
At interview you will need to:
- Have a minimum of 3 GCSE at grade E or above which includes English minimum grade 2.
- Have interview which includes speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Provide two positive references
- Present a record of achievement from your last school
- Show you are committed, motivated and have excellent punctuality and attendance
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Priority is given to 16-18 year olds.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C or grade 4 and above in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
N088 CACHE Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
When does this course run?
Starts 05th Sep 2018 - Ends 28th Jun 2019
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £800.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 19th February, 2018 and may be subject to change.