Why employ an apprentice?
Why employ an Apprentice?
Apprenticeships are recognised, government backed qualifications that equip new and established members of staff with the practical skills and knowledge they need to fulfill their role and ensure business success.
Are there any costs involved?
There is usually no cost for the training your apprentice will receive from Wirral Met College. The salary you will pay your apprentice should take into consideration their age and experience.
How much time will he/she spend away from work?
Training is flexible and can often be delivered in the workplace.
For a number of apprenticeship programmes day release may be necessary; for others day or evening release may be appropriate. We will discuss options with you.
What are the benefits to me as an employer?
- Your employees will be equipped with the skills and knowledge directly relevant to your organisation, improving your productivity
- Keep a competitive advantage by ensuring your employees have the relevant knowledge and skills to effectively carry out their duties
- Trained employees feel more valued and motivated, and will therefore improve your workforce retention
- Apprentices can bring new ideas and innovation to your business
Did you know?
- 77% of employers believe apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% say that apprenticeships provide higher overall productivity
- 80% feel that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover
- 83% of employers rely on their apprenticeships programmes to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- 88% believe that apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce (Populus, 2009)