This apprenticeship is for trainee Dental Nurses to enable them to meet the professional standard within the industry.
Knowledge and skills areas that will be covered include:
- Dental and regional anatomy
- Respiratory and circulatory systems
- Health Promotion and disease prevention
- Transmission of infectious diseases and their prevention
- Materials, equipment and resources
- Medical emergencies
- Legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
- Dental team and GDC guidelines
- Clinical skills
- Patient care
- Patient management
- Management skills
- Taking responsibility
- Apprentices must be in paid employment, usually 30 hours a week.
- Level 2 English and maths
- Individual employers may identify other relevant entry requirements.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Apprentices will complete a GDC approved Licence to Practice qualification and if not already achieved English and Maths at Level 2.
An end point assessment comprising of a project and interview will be taken towards the end of the apprenticeship which will be independently assessed...
On achievement of this apprenticeship the apprentice can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.
When does this course run?
Starts 01st Aug 2017 - Ends 31st Jul 2019
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
Planned Timetable (subject to change) Day Times Campus Tuesday 17:00 — 18:00 Wirral Waters Thursday 10:00 — 13:00 Wirral Waters
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 21st April, 2018 and may be subject to change.