Applying for a course is easy! If you need help in choosing the right course, just get in touch. Call our Student Advisers on 0151 551 7777 for impartial advice and guidance – they will help you to explore your options and get on the right course.
- Visit courses to apply online, or
- Post your application form to Admissions, Wirral Met College, Conway Park Campus, Europa Boulevard, CH41 4NT or bring it into one of the campuses.
- We will acknowledge your application form and invite you to enrol, or for some courses, attend an interview and or an assessment first.
- This is to help you to find out more about the course and for us to find out as much as we can about you, before you join us. You will be invited into the college to meet the tutors and discuss the course.
- Some courses require you to present a portfolio of your work during your interview or complete a presentation or assessment. Details can be found in the course's entry requirements and your interview letter.
- You can also discuss any learning support needs you may have.
- In most cases, we will offer you a place on a course, subject to availability at the college, which is right for you.
- We will then let you know, before you start your course, how and when you can complete your enrolment.
We will confirm your offer of a place on the course. Please let us know if you want to accept this offer.
- If you have an unconditional offer, you can enrol at the pre-arranged enrolment time – details will provided by Admissions.
- If you have a conditional offer, it may be dependent on results of a course you are currently studying or references for example.
- If you have been ‘referred’, this means the course tutor does not think the course or career area is right for you. Our Student Advisers can discuss with you the alternative options you may have.
Keeping in touch
- We will keep in touch with you with regular updates about Wirral Met College. Do not forget, if you change your phone number(s), address or email address, please let us know.
- If you have been offered a place to start a course in September, enrolment normally starts during the third week of August. Please ensure you are available during this time to come into college to enrol.
When you come into college to enrol, you will need to bring:
- proof of your identity (eg a bank/debit card, national insurance number, national insurance card/letter or passport, driving licence or other accepted form of national ID).
- evidence of your qualifications (original certificates).
- anything else you were asked to show as a condition of your offer.
- means of payment, or confirmation letter from the Student Loan Company for your Advanced Learner Loan, if eligible.
- Start your course!
For details on how to apply for a Higher Education course click here.
Remember to apply as early as possible, as some courses are very popular and fill up quickly! If you have any queries, you change your mind, or you do not get the results you expect, please call Student Services on 0151 551 7777, or call in to the Conway Park Campus to see them in person.