We want you to enjoy your time at college and we are here to help. If you need support, just let us know!
We have a team of over 60 highly trained and qualified staff, including Specialist Tutors, Communication Support Workers and Learning Support Assistants.
We work with students in every subject area, and at every level from Entry Level to Higher Education.
Pastoral support Mentors support you with
- Personal issues
- Problems relating to finance
- Family issues
- Time management
- Study support to help you keep up with your work
Additional Learning Support (ALS)
The students we work with have a wide range of needs, including:
- ADHD, ADD
- Moderate/Complex Learning Difficulties
- Mental Health and Well Being
- Autism Spectrum, Asperger's Syndrome
- Blind or Partially Sighted
- Physical Difficulties
- D/deaf or Hard of Hearing
You will receive a confidential assessment from a qualified, specialist tutor. They can assess your needs, and work with you to decide what kind of support will help you. This may simply be the loan of some specialist equipment or software. It may be some additional teaching, or perhaps one-to-one support in the classroom or around the college.
Some students only need a small amount of support to help them get on track. Others require longer term support to help them reach their full potential.
Wirral Met College is fully accessible. For details, visit Disabled Go Accessibility Information.
By having access to this service, students who may otherwise have felt unable to carry on with their education can continue and succeed. Our qualified counsellors support students with a variety of challenges including:
- Family problems or relationship difficulties
- Major life changes, unplanned pregnancy
- Pressures related to course/exams
- Stress, anxiety, depression
- Loss and bereavement