If you need help in choosing the right course, just get in touch. Call our Student Advisers on 0151 551 7777 for impartial advice and guidance – they will help you to explore your options and get on the right course.
Once you have decided which course to study, it is now time to submit your application. Please read the course details and ensure you meet the entry requirements prior to submitting your application. If you need further help, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777.
Find a course using the Course Finder or using the site menus
Click the Apply Online button and complete the application form.
Once you have clicked 'Submit', you will receive an email from us telling you that we have received your application. If you do not receive a confirmation via email, please check your spam folder, or contact us - 0151 551 7777.
Apply by Post
Download our application form, print it, complete it and post it to us at:
Admissions, Wirral Met College,
Conway Park Campus, Europa Boulevard,
Birkenhead. CH41 4NT
(or you can bring it along to one of our campuses)
Complete the application form as fully as you can. This is your chance to tell us all about your skills and qualifications. If you have any additional needs, it is important that you tell us so that, if required, we can make reasonable adjustments that will help you at interview and during your studies.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and invite you to attend an interview. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please call Admissions on 0151 551 7777 and press option 3, to check there has been no postal delay. By completing and signing or sending your application you are agreeing to Wirral Met College processing your personal data. We may be required to pass your data to our funding agencies and other authorised bodies that are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
What happens next
- You will be invited into the College to meet the tutors and discuss your programme of study and you will have the opportunity to look around the area where you will be studying. You will be given more detailed information about the area of study and progression options, so you know you are making the right choice for your future career.
- This is to help us to find out as much as we can about you, before you join us. Remember to tell us all about your knowledge, interest and enthusiasm. Some courses require you to present a portfolio of your work during your interview, or complete a task or assessment.
- Art & Design: you will need to bring a portfolio of your artwork to your interview.
- Performing Arts: you may be asked to attend an audition as well as an interview. We will give you a piece to prepare and you will be expected to perform this at the audition.
- Sport: for some sport related courses, there will be a short gym or practical assessment.
- You can also discuss any learning support needs you may have.
- Your parent(s) or guardian(s), teacher or carer are welcome to join you at the interview if you wish, but the tutor will want to speak to you on your own. You will also have to do any assessments on your own.
- In most cases, we will offer you a place on a study programme which is right for you.
- We will then let you know how and when you can complete your enrolment, before you start your course.
- We will give you a letter confirming your offer of a place on the study programme, with an acceptance reply slip.
- If you have an unconditional offer, you can enrol at the pre-arranged enrolment time – details will be provided by Student Services.
- If you have a conditional offer, this will be dependent on the grades you get in your exams.
- If you have been referred, this means the course tutor does not think the career area is right for you or you do not meet the entry guidelines. Our Student Advisers will then discuss with you the alternative options you may have.
Keeping in touch...
- We will keep in touch with you with regular updates about Wirral Met College and your course. Don't forget, if you change your phone number(s), address or email address, please let us know.
- If you have been offered a place to start a study programme in September, enrolment normally starts during the third week of August when GCSE results are released. Please ensure you are available during this time to come into college to enrol as we do not want you to lose out.
- When you come into college to enrol, you will need to bring:
- proof of your identity (eg a bank/debit card, national insurance number, national insurance card/letter or passport, driving licence or other accepted form of national ID)
- evidence of your qualifications (original certificates)
- anything else you were asked to show as a condition of your offer
- Term normally starts early September, so please remember this if you are booking any holidays at the end of August or early September.
- You will be asked to complete an English and maths assessment to determine what level you are working at.
Start your programme!
Remember to apply as early as possible, as some study programmes are very popular and fill up quickly! If you have any queries, you change your mind, or you do not get the results you expect, please call our Student Advisers on 0151 551 7777, or call in to the Conway Park Campus to see them in person. We will help you!
Click here to find out how to apply for a Higher Education course.