Studying at Wirral Met
Welcome from the Principal
Thank you for considering our college to help you achieve your dream. Every year, we support about 10,000 students who wish to change their lives.
Our approach is to find out your career of choice, then help you to develop a plan to succeed. We are the largest provider of 16-18 education, adult education, training and apprenticeships in Wirral and our success is built on the achievement of our students.
All of our study programmes are designed to prepare you for the world of work. We work in partnership with many employers providing traineeships, apprenticeships and valuable work experience, and part of your study programme may be based with an employer. 16-18 year olds study free, but, whatever your age, we have bursary schemes and a range of advice, guidance and support to help you to access all of the financial support that is available for you.
Sue Higginson, Principal
You can take part in trips & social activities organised by the Students’ Union:
- Become a Student Volunteer
- Join the Students’ Union and become a Course Rep
- Organise charity fund raising events
- Take part in trips and sporting events
Visit Students’ Union for details.
Do not forget to get your NUS Extra student discount card (or NUS Extra Apprentice card).
Take advantage of our fully equipped Learning Resource Centres at our Conway Park and Twelve Quays campuses.
- Not just a Library– you will find a wide range of resources, DVDs, CDs, journals, newspapers, magazines and electronic resources to help you with your research and coursework.
- A quiet place to study– with computer and internet access. We have designated quiet spaces at both campuses which can be booked in advance. Our team will help you find what you need for your project or assignment.
- Inter-library loans & Photocopying facilities– if we do not have an item and you need it for coursework, we will obtain it for you free of charge.